What To Expect
Located on the inside corner of the Tyler Square Shopping Center in Covington, We will be waiting with smiles and open doors at Empower Orthodontics. First visit Consults usually last about an hour and same day starts are usually possible. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
- Welcome introduction by Dr. Tim himself and Office Tour
- Photos and x-ray taken, uploaded to software, printed for you
- Clinical Orthodontic examination by Dr. Timothy Poyadou, personally discuss Tx needs/wants with pros/cons of each, answer/clarify any questions.
- Conqeur any Financial obstacles holding that smile back, Review Office polices, Make down payment and setup bank auto-draft.
- For Same Day Start, Braces, Nothing should hurt during this appointment!! First we put something in your mouth to keep everything dry (the glue we use doesn’t work well if wet), then we clean the teeth, put our special conditioner on them and place the brackets one by one, one quadrant at a time. Dr. Tim shines his special light each bracket to make it stick to the tooth and your braces are done. Then we show you how to brush/floss with braces, how to wear rubber-bands if needed, and schedule you for your next visit. Welcome to the family!
- For Same Day Starts, Invisalign, Nothing should hurt during this appointment! First we take some impressions, then Dr. Tim makes detailed notes about the movements needed for each tooth and all that is sent to Invisalign. Dr. Tim then goes back and forth with Invisalign modifying your desired smile outcome until he loves your smile. Then trays are manufactured and sent to the office. Some tooth movements require small bumps of tooth colored material to help “grab” the tooth so a particular movement can be achieved and these are placed at your first tray delivery appointment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
Included in Your Treatment Investment:
Your investment includes:
- Initial Consultation, Pre-treatment Records (Photos, X-rays, personalized exam) and workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Placement of appliances, all progression adjustments, Including any emergency appointments.
- Removal of Appliances, one set of Upper/Lower retainers, and one year of retention monitoring to ensure you keep your new beautiful smile.
Not Included in Your Treatment Investment:
- Required 6 month cleanings and exam,
- Any other dental procedures needed (Fillings, extractions, etc.)
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.